Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)?
Have you heard of Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)? It’s funding from the Government that we can use to do even more to support your child.
For every child that qualifies for EYPP, we can claim up to £300 a year and we can use this money to add to what we currently offer. This may be through specialist training for our staff or new experiences for the children.
The money is paid directly to us but you have to apply so keep reading to see if your child could be eligible.
Who is eligible?
Your child may be eligible if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided family is not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
Funding may also be available if your child falls into one of the following groups:
- Has been looked after by the local authority for at least one day
- Adopted from care
- Has left care through a special guardianship arrangement
- Has left care and is subject to a child arrangement order
How to apply
If you think that your child could be eligible, fill in the attached EYPP registration form and return it to us in a sealed envelope addressed to (manager’s name) by (insert date). We will send the form onto the Early Years and Childcare Service at Surrey County Council who will check to see if your child meets the criteria and send out any additional funding.
Any information you share will be completely confidential and this will not affect any benefits you receive.
If you have any questions or need help to complete the form, please come and speak to me.